Chesapeake Bay Retrievers Looking Available for Adoption
- Permanent fosters – we have several dogs that due to age, illness or behavior issues have been deemed unadoptable. If you are interested in providing a loving end-of-life-home to an elderly or ailing dog, please contact Sue at the email address below.
- If you are looking for a Chessie, please let us know and we will keep you in mind as we hear about available dogs locally or in other areas of the country. We are not actively taking dogs in as all of our current foster spots are filled.
- Please consider sponsoring a permanent foster financially by making a donation to our organization as we are dependent on individual donations and our fundraising activities. Donations can be made through the PayPal link to the right or checks can be mailed to:
Chesapeake Retriever Rescue of WI.
1318 S. Kernan Ave
Appleton, WI 54915
The Chesapeake Retriever Rescue of WI is a group of volunteers dedicated to rescuing Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and finding them loving forever homes. We rescue adoptable purebred or mixed Chesapeake Bay Retrievers from shelters, strays, and from owners who can no longer care for their dogs. We are staunch promoters of spaying and neutering, and no dog is placed by our organization without this being done before placement. We also educate potential adopters about the breed to make sure a Chesapeake is the right dog for their family.
We Are Not a Shelter or a Kennel
All of our dogs are in foster homes, where they are evaluated for temperament and training needs, and are given proper medical attention. We usually keep a dog for at least 2-3 weeks to give us the best knowledge of their needs.
Our dogs come to us through shelters or from owner surrenders. Owners wanting to surrender their dog will be asked to have them spayed or neutered and brought up to date on their vaccinations. Owners must also sign a form giving us all rights to the dog at time of surrender, as well as a release to obtain all of the dog’s medical files.
If we are full, we may offer to list your dog as an adoption strictly between you and an applicant. However, your dog must be altered before we will list it. You will also need to supply the name and phone number of your veterinarian and give them permission to speak to us. We will be checking to see if there have been any bite/aggression issues with your dog and if it has a current rabies vaccination. We will not list a dog with a bite history.
- Foster a dog - we have lots of dogs in foster care right now. Please let us know if you would consider fostering a Chessie
- Assist with home visits
- Provide transportation of dogs
- Assist in fund raising
- Provide contributions (monetary, product and/or equipment) to help us in our efforts. Gifts may be sent to the address below.
For further information, please contact us.
Office hours are
- Monday thru Friday 8 am to 8 pm Central time.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Please call, email or fax us your request for communication and we will return your call as soon as we possibly can.
- Even though we appreciate you giving us a little free time we will of course take emergency calls after hours.