My name is Ben the Chessie and I am an active Chesapeake Bay Retriever who is approximately 3 years old. I was a stray in central Illinois and came into rescue at the end of December, 2014 Here are some of the facts:
- Ben was adopted by a family in Indiana. He will be their 14 yr old daughter’s dog and they got along famously right away at my house! So happy for Ben!
- I was adopted by a family in June, 2015 but my dad passed away and so I am now looking for another forever home.
- I love people! I love adults and older children. I’m so excited to see them and be pet! I need to be watched around small children or infants because I am too energetic.
- I have put on some weight and need to be in a home that will walk me and watch my weight.
- I am fine with cats and dogs.
- I walk well on a leash and do not react to noise or odd things happening around me.
- I was found as a stray so I will need to be in a fenced yard or closely monitored outside. My previous home was rural with many acres and I did pretty well but I need more work on the “come”command.
I need some work on my manners as I am a bit of a grabber with toys. I love to play fetch but I don’t always return the toy as I would rather chew on it. I am getting better at dropping my toys or my treasurers if you offer me a trade. I am learning that “finder, keeper” does not always apply. My house manners are pretty good. I am a quick learner but I need a patient and consistent teacher.
I am the happiest sweetest boy who would be happy with an active family!
If you are interested in getting to know more about me, please complete the application available at this link.