Bear is a 4 yr old neutered male Chesapeake Bay Retriever looking for his forever home. Bear can be intense but now that he has been with me for months, he is starting to settle and hang out.
- Bear plays intensely, he follows me around intently and he is very vocal.
- Bear duck hunted this season and was reported to be a GREAT duck dog.
- He is super friendly with strangers but prefers strangers not come into his territory when his person is not there.
- Bear does okay with other dogs as long as they leave his toys and his food alone.
- He is super obedient on a leash and with basic commands. He needs some work on his Leave It and Drop commands.
- He is house trained, crate trained and rides well in a car. He is initially nervous in a home but has improved drastically with stability of routine and some anxiety meds.
- Bear will need a fenced yard and no small children.
- Bear was moved around at least 6 times in his young life so part of his nervous nature is from lack of stable environment. He bonds very quickly.
If you are interested, please complete an application on our web site. The following link will take you to the Adopting page, scroll down to the CRROW Adoption Application at https://www.crrow.org/